Wednesday 24 September 2014

Fifth Lesson: Evaluation

What are you most satisfied with?

The strap of the bag as the stitches there were quite neat. The strap also turned out much harder and sturdier than I expected. I was able to hold quite a few heavy items without giving way.

What did not work out?

I wanted side pockets for my bag however, due to time constrains, I was not able to add them in. Also, I had to change my original plan as I wanted a buckle on the flap to close my bag, but that did not work out, thus I had to use velcro instead.

What could have been done better and what possible changes could have been made?

I glued on the buttons using super glue instead of sowing them on. There were too many buttons and it would have taken way too long to sow them all on. It would have been much better to sow them on though, as the buttons would not fall off so easily. Also, the stitches could have been neater. Most of my stitches were done on the inside of the bag so no one could really see the messy stitches. However, I feel that I could have done a better job at machining the bag.

Did you meet the task requirement?

Yes, I have met the task requirement. My bag is able to hold a few containers and towels and still has space left in it. The bag is also sturdy and does not fall apart when heavy things are placed inside.

One thing you have learnt from this course?

For the sowing part, I definitely learnt a lot. I learnt how to set up a sowing machine, test if the machine works, then sow. I also learnt how to use the different functions of the sowing machine.

For the production part, I learnt that it is really important to come up with a prototype before you start making the actual bag. I realised many of my mistakes while making the prototype. I also learnt that your plans would change during the process of making the bag. I had to be flexible and not stick to my original sketch that I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment