Wednesday 17 September 2014

Lesson 3: Decision making



I chose these two materials for my bag. I found the black fabric at home and I bought the white fabric from Spotlight. I resorted to buying the white fabric as I could not find any recycled fabrics at home that was big enough for a bag as we gave away most of our unwanted clothes and bedsheets ect. I feel that these two fabrics go very well together as they are both around the theme "Black and White". The fabrics are also firm and not too flimsy and can hold items well. 
After making the prototype for this design, I realised that it would take a reasonable amount of time and effort to produce the bag. I just needed to make some adjustments in the size of the bag. I decided on the following dimensions for the bag:
Length- 40cm
Width- 25cm
Sides width- 10cm
Base width- 10cm
Length-25cm
Flap- 20cm by 25cm


1 comment: